Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tremendous catch

After 3 months without any good catch, at last my dad landed a 5kg grouper tonight. He was the happiest man on earth tonight as you can see on his face. The grouper is really a fat fella. It's fat alone weighed 200g. It is a female as there was eggs in its tummy.
My father said, at first when the grouper striked, he thought it went into the rock but actually the grouper was too heavy. When my dad pull the line, it moved again and this time my father pulled the line full heartedly but after a few pulls, my father asked me to take turn to pull as he was getting tired. Yes, the grouper did give a good fight. As I pull in the line, it swam under the boat. After another few pulls, it got out but this time it tried to swim under the platform of the jetty. With the last few pulls at last the grouper was successfully landed. But the line was broken as soon as the grouper was on the platform.
My dad is using Berkley 50lbs line. And his bait was tamban.
Now the pressure is when am I and my gengs going to break my dad's record. Previously our target is 3kg fish. But now our next target will be 5.5kg and above. Really hard to break lah !!
My dad with his fat grouper
Orange-spotted grouper (5kg)
longer and bigger than my arm
The grouper's fat
a bowl full of fat (200g)

2 comments:

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

memang tangkapan luar biasa betul bos!dari tepi saja leh dpt ikan saiz mcm tu..wooo...memang susah nak pecahkan rekod dady kau Wong!tabik spring sama dia..hebat!

Bridget said...

WAH GUJANG, YOU'RE A HERO NOW!! :-)

Followers

You are visitors no.