Monday, December 8, 2008

So near and yet so far

Today fished from 3.00am - 8.00am. I used my 10 feet rod to try for bottom fishing with frozen fresh tamban as bait. Around 5.00am, the alarm sounded loudly and immediately I know that a fish got hooked. So, I picked up my rod and striked. Yes!!! there was really a fish. The fish fought really hard. It was really heavy so I pumped hardly and wind back. The fish swam left and right and a few moment later, it swam towards me. So I winded as fast as possible but it was no match to the speed of the fish. Then I felt a strong pull again but not for long after that the line became loose. I lost the war. The fish managed to get away. It was just a few more metres more that I almost succeed to land it. My heart almost dropped out. I have never felt such a strong fight before. But nevermind, sure I will have my revenge some days.
Then, it was my handline got hooked. I think it was a grouper. But after taking up the bait, it went straight under the rock. I tried to pull it out of the rock with my 80lbs Berkley line but it wouldn't came out. Then I tried to loosen the line a little bit but the grouper went even deeper into the rock. So, I just waited for a while hoping for the fish to come out of the rock. After waited for a while, the fish managed to get way again. It was such a bad day for me.


However, Chu got lucky today. He got a 800g grouper. It has been such a long time since he got his last fish. He was so happy and you can see it in his face just like striking a 4D numbers.

800g grouper by Chu

No comments:

Followers

You are visitors no.